The following rules apply to all anglers fishing our waters be they members, day ticket holders or visiting for a match.
- Anglers must not bring the Federation's name into disrepute.
- Anglers must not behave in a way that endangers the environment, wildlife, livestock, other water users or the general public.
- Notices (permanent or temporary) and bailiff's instructions must be followed at all times.
- All anglers must be in possession of a current Severn Trent license in addition to their season card, guest or day ticket as appropriate.
- Gates must be kept closed and locked unless advised to the contrary.
- Gate/lock codes must not be shared with non-members.
- Anglers must not obstruct footpaths and bridleways with any part of a vehicle or item of tackle.
- No litter.
- No fires.
(Above-ground BBQs and camping hobs/stoves are permitted but must be supervised at all times and not left unattended).
- All fishing to be in accordance with the Environment Agency's Freshwater Rod Fishing Rules and Rod Fishing Byelaws: Severn and Trent Catchments.
- Rods which are fishing (cast out) must not be left unattended
- A maximum of 2 rods per angler to be used simultaneously.
- No multi-hook rigs.
- No fish to be removed or introduced.
- No night fishing - except Winthorpe and Girton.
- Permitted fishing times are strictly Civil Dawn to Civil Dusk, except where night fishing is permitted or where fishery-specific rules are in place.
- No pleasure fishing from pegs reserved for matches until after the weigh-in has been concluded.
- No launching of or fishing from boats of any type on Federation waters.
- No fishing in locks or in close proximity to them and no fishing adjacent to Newark Castle.
- No touring caravans though camper vans are permitted at e.g. Winthorpe subject to ground conditions.
At November 2017's Committee meeting, new rules concerning Barbel retention in keepnets during matches were agreed as follows:
- Keepnets must be pegged-out facing upstream
- No more than 4 Barbel over 5lb to be retained
- Additional Barbel over 5lb to be weighed and returned immediately
- Matches only - no Barbel caught while pleasure fishing to be retained in keepnets
- One year trial